We are delighted to announce the Winners of our recent Children's Art Competition which had a theme of "My Favourite Season" and attracted a large number of entries. "Well done" to all who entered, and the schools and staff who supported them in their efforts. Hopefully this Competition will be an annual event on our calendar.
The winning entries were judged by a local artist, who is a member of the Friends of the Camac Group, and the pictures show the winning students and school staff.
1. Our Lady Queen of Apostles school, Clonburris. Fiona Roebuck, principal. Paula Kenny, teacher.
2. Gaelscoil Chluain Dolcain. Sean Mac Carthaigh, principal. Laura Ni Mhuircheartaigh, teacher. Child, Keevah Ní Caomhanaigh
3. Gaelscoil na Camoige. Sinead ni Dhurcain, teacher. Aoife ni Raghallaigh, principal. Child Sophia, Rang A4.
4. St Joseph's Boys National School. Principal, Niall Desmond. Child Sammith Maturu.
5. The King's Hospital School, Rachel Lang (Student) Miss Murphy.
The presentations of Certificates and prizes were made by Lile Frost, (Chair), Brian Ronan (Treasurer) and Committee member Adair Cowan,
We hope to show the winning entries and some of the other entries soon - watch this space.
Top Row - left to right - Keevah Ní Caomhanaigh, Mille Brazil, Rachel Lang,
Bottom Row - left to right -
Sammith Maturu, Sophia (Rang A4).
During Heritage week we arranged a walking tour of the river. Also on Water Day on 25 August 2019 we hosted a Fishing is Fun event under the which was a family friendly event. Our volunteers showed how to tie flies to fishing line, as well as how to cast.
The event was well attended, and everyone had fun.
© 2019. All rights reserved